Director, Process and Technology Operations
Clients around the world rely on Kroll’s Compliance team to help them manage their anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-bribery and corruption (AB&C) compliance programs. We deliver on their trust with in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities, and flexible technology tools that enable them to address predictable and unexpected compliance challenges with confidence and efficiency. We work with clients of all sizes and industries, providing a portfolio of services that includes third party screening and monitoring, reputational due diligence solutions, and the Kroll Compliance Portal, a user-friendly web-based due diligence, governance, and compliance platform. Combined with our program design expertise and specialized investigative, remediation, and look-back capabilities, our services cover the whole continuum of compliance needs.
Position Overview: Kroll’s Compliance team is seeking a Director of Process and Technology Operations to assume direct responsibility for several key areas of this rapidly evolving business. The Process and Technology Operations will be responsible for ensuring the continued excellence of various internal functional processes, including managing overall process automation and improvement, and development and implementation of metrics in research, finance, product, and technology functions. In addition, he or she will be responsible for overseeing implementation and support for the Compliance Portal, which is the software solution our clients use for ordering and managing our products. This entails managing the development and implementation team responsible for ensuring client request and tickets are responded to in a timely manner and resolved successfully to ensure client happiness and product excellence. The Director of Process and Technology Operations will report to the Head of Kroll Compliance.
- Develop a plan (including metrics and objectives) and execute against continued process optimization and implementation initiatives, focused on improving time and customer service, including – but not limited to – automation and implementation process
- Help drive overall cost reduction, quality improvement, business efficiencies, and new products/solutions within the business. Establish baseline objectives and ensure processes in place to measure and track on an ongoing basis
- Working with Finance, manage and collaborate on financial and business planning activities, including leadership of operational business planning processes
- Partner with Finance to oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics
- Ensure that relevant operational/financial data is presented to the leadership team for ongoing business operation’s needs, key decision making, and overall forecasting
- Responsible for the organization’s reference data librarian function and processes; working to improve documentation, resiliency, and automation and continually working to improve automation; expand coverage and improve operational excellence
- Manage the Implementation team to ensure successful Portal implementations for an increasing client base and ensure high responsiveness to client requests and inquiries
- Working with Technology, ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of work flow systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and ASP applications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. MBA preferred
- Operational experience. Has worked in an operational role for 5+ years with progressive experience leading to at least two years’ experience in operational/administrative management
- Team management experience. Has 5+ years of experience managing technical teams.
- Experience in managing change, implementing process improvements, new systems and processes both procedurally and technologically
- Excellent analytical skills; expert user of Microsoft Excel to create models and metrics
- Superior communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- Ability to drive forward and coordinate a number of concurrent projects and tasks, managing own time to deliver against competing demands.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the success of the business
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally 25% of the time