Engineering Leader, Application Security
Netflix has expanded to nearly every country in the world. Our expansion and global brand recognition have raised Netflix’s profile. The scale required to operate a global Internet TV service, combined with our rapid pace of innovation and our strong reliance on cloud-based solutions, motivates unusual security challenges. As a result, security at Netflix is often leading the way in identifying and creatively solving new problems.
AppSec at Netflix addresses these needs and challenges by working in close partnership with software engineering teams throughout the company to help ensure our product’s overall security. Guided by Netflix’s culture, we track the latest advances in related fields and then serve as security consultants for projects around the company. We use automation when possible to ensure a broad impact across the diverse Netflix ecosystem. Our work includes:
• leading security assessments,
• performing threat modeling and architecture reviews,
• building automated tools (such as Scumblr), and
• managing Netflix’s responsible disclosure program.
You are a pragmatic AppSec leader who can advocate for security across our engineering organization. You are effective, in part, because your technical background aligns with your team. Your strong communication skills make you comfortable diving into technical discussions and debating controversial topics with leaders across the company. You prefer collaboration and problem solving over process and mandates. And you have experience hiring and cultivating an excellent team.
- You are a meticulous and responsive cross-team communicator and program leader.
- As a manager, you can successfully coach and inspire a talented and senior team.
- You can adapt to evolving security and business priorities quickly and effectively.
- Your technical background spans both offensive and defensive security techniques.
- You creatively scale AppSec programs using automation, testing, training, and more.