Senior Data Scientist
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Leader, you will lead technical discussion on projects. You’ll help us evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects. You will architect and design new software product features, help drive projects to completion, define system technical use cases and architecture specification in alignment with business/product requirements.
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Services Software, Systems, & Operations (SSO) is transforming the future of the world’s networks through advanced software development. Our software products and technology are behind many of the world’s most innovative businesses, leading Cisco’s growth in multiple markets. SSO develops products that leverage technologies from leading-edge capabilities like big data, analytics, virtualization, the InterCloud, and security. Pioneering agile methodology, SSO is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers.
Our team, SSO Cognitive Systems, defines a strategic direction related to data to value technologies across the Cisco Services organization,. The Cognitive Systems team develops systems of insights in the area of IoT, Cloud, Data Center, Network and Service Provider. We are excited to have you join our team of experienced data scientists to work on projects that have global impact on the Cisco Services organization. In these projects, data scientists collaborate very closely with the business strategy, product management as well as engineering and the execution teams.
Who You Are
You’ve got a strong background in system architecture and design, documentation, implementation and deployment, on projects. You have deep knowledge of software systems development background, of open source cloud technologies and application platforms and are a strategic thinker (system level) that can look at the big picture, abstract workflows and provide technical assistance in technology to be used at the strategic level. If so, we’re looking for you!
Our Minimum Requirements are:
* Masters degree in computer science or equivalent
* 10+ years of experience in building large scale, high performance, high availability systems and Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
* Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop and other frameworks in Hadoop ecosystem, Elasticsearch, etc.)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of SSO internal technology teams and business
* Working experience with Microservices, Container and Streaming technologies
* Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, operations research and optimization algorithms
* Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from varying sources
* Fluency and facility with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python, or C++.
* Expert knowledge of analytic tools such as R, Matlab, or SAS
* Background in natural language processing and/or machine learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks
* Passion for answering hard questions with data