MESA Member Webinar Week Ahead: April 13-17
A fireside chat with the chief evangelist of Amazon Web Services, in-depth SQL server, data warehouse and Internet of Things (IoT) presentations from Microsoft Azure, a long-anticipated webinar offering a global perspective on regional accessibility by Diamond, and two e-tours of digital asset management specialists.
Those are just a few of the online events members of the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) will be holding the week of April 13-17, according to MESA’s global member e-calendar.
Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
• “Improving Customer Experience and Connecting Organizations into China and Asia” by Alibaba Cloud has solutions architect Rohit Gupta and Shawn Li, solutions architect and big data specialist, discussing how to improve customer experiences and connecting organizations in China and Asia, and what key technologies exist to address these issues
• “SQL Server Modernization Live Event” will see Microsoft Azure share how Microsoft Data Platform services can drive business, with a focus on SQL Server 2019 and Azure SQL Database, and newer capabilities of SQL Server 2019 like Big Data Clusters, Data Virtualization, Intelligent Query Processing and the features of Azure SQL Database, data security features and Azure SQL Managed Instance.
• Alibaba will host two webinars around the cloud: “Alibaba Cloud Networking Services” with Siddharth Pandey, solutions architect, and “Alibaba Cloud Tech Show: Technologies Behind the Singles’ Day Global Shopping Festival” with Liping Zhang, principal engineer.
• The Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) hosts the first of two Take the DAM(n) Tour e-tour events, with BeBanjo, Prime Focus Technologies, Meta, Veritone, EditShare, Tape Ark, Signiant and Synamedia presenting.
• Spherex CEO Teresa Phillips will offer ideas around cultural sensitivity, content classification, and how to succeed in local markets in the OTT.X webinar “The Global Regulatory Landscape.”
• Alibaba’s cloud webinars continue with two more on Wednesday: “All You Need To Know About Multi-Cloud” with Mylie Tong, senior solutions architect, and “Enterprise Blockchain implemented on Alibaba Cloud” with Garry Sien, senior solutions architect, Charles d’Haussy, director of ConsenSys, and Edmund To, solutions architect.
• MESA hosts the second of two Take the DAM(n) Tour e-tour events, Caringo, Digital Bedrock, Eluvio, GrayMeta, Sohonet, Sony, Teradici, Vistex and Whip Media Group presenting.
• Diamond will host its “A Global Perspective on Regional Accessibility” panel with executives from around the world, in a discussion on how various countries address accessibility. Moderated Joe Devon, co-founder of Diamond and the Global Accessibility Awareness Day, he’ll be joined by Makoto Ueki, web accessibility consultant with Infoaxia, Patrick Dunphy, digital accessibility program manager for CBC/Radio-Canada, Charlii Parker, digital accessibility consultant for Vision Australia, and Irene Mbari-Kirika, executive director for inABLE.
• Amazon Web Services will hold a fireside chat with Bill Vass, VP of technology and Jeff Barr, chief evangelist, in the discussion “Evolving at the Edge with the AWS Snow Family.” They’ll discuss how AWS Snowball Edge and other Snow services are helping enterprises and government organizations build the bridge between their cloud and edge environments.
• Teradici and Microsoft Azure will host the webinar “Remote Work: Secure and Affordable GPU-partitioning in the Cloud.” Meanwhile, Azure has three other hosted webinars on tap: “Transform Your Business With IoT,” “Delivering the Modern Data Warehouse with Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Power BI,” “Delivering the Modern Data Warehouse with Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Power BI.”
• Gerald Pitts, business development manager for Alibaba Cloud will lead the discussion in the webinar “Alibaba Cloud CDP – Secret Weapon for Tmall Brands.”