Senior Test Engineer, Cloud and Virtualization
Through continuous security validation and global threat discovery and automation, NSS Labs empowers enterprises to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Informed by our experience and strong foundation of security product validation, NSS Labs offers CAWS, a cyber threat protection platform that provides businesses with visibility into the cyber kill chain and automated insights into active threats. With global visibility into active threats and vulnerabilities, CAWS delivers a unique cyber risk rating that makes cybersecurity measurable and helps enterprises focus their resources in the areas that make the most difference. Combined, this information enables businesses to continuously monitor and respond to threats, strengthen their cybersecurity posture, and have confidence that they are appropriately securing the enterprise. CISOs, security operations teams, threat researchers, and information security professionals from many of the world’s largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Test Engineer in Austin, Texas to interact directly with vendors to generate, analyze, and document performance and security metrics for many different security products. This position works closely with many functions within the company to develop new tests, build out and maintain new test environments, and execute and maintain existing tests. As the expert, responsible for testing a security technology from harness concept through to operation and maintenance, this individual will support the objective, scientific, fact-based approach to testing enterprise security technologies that the market has grown to respect and depend on.
- Development of test methodology and test cases that assess the efficacy of a security technology as it pertains to enterprise use cases
- Build out test environments, including installation of systems and products
- Conducting and/or overseeing on-site and remote vendor engagements
- Adherence to all test Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) including, but not limited to, test development best practices, test development workbook completion, scorecard development and engagement notes capture.
- Participate in the creation of thought leadership pieces (delivered as webinars or research papers) that assist enterprises in their decision making
- Communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Engage with and support enterprise clients to ensure the use cases and testing represent the challenges faced in product deployment
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Expertise with one or more of our core Technology Areas: Cloud, Virtualization, IOT, Endpoint Security typically obtained in 3-5 years.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with security technology, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics
- Expert troubleshooting skills in MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills, including IPv6
- Knowledge of RFC standards, specifically RFC 2544 and RFC 5180, and how they apply to networked devices
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
- Good knowledge of network device performance testing
- Good knowledge of network security device design
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows and Linux operating systems
- MS Windows and Linux network administration experience
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable working with third-party vendors
- Software development background
- Good understanding of security software testing
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPointand other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance: GLBA, SOX, PCI, HIPAA and Assessment Services a plus
- CISSP or other professional certifications
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team! Please send our resume to [email protected].
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSSLabs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.