IBC 2018: NAGRA to Tackle Content Value Chain
At IBC 2018, NAGRA will demonstrate new propositions and current innovations that address the entire content value chain — from content and service creation to content delivery and consumption. NAGRA’s latest technologies and solutions in end-to-end content value protection, engaging user experiences and smart business operations, will be on display on stand 1.C81 under the theme “Smartly Digital.”
“Pay-TV service providers are at a crossroads between OTT add-on services and true digital transformation, where the lines between pay-TV and OTT are blurring and making way for the ‘post-OTT’ era,” says Ivan Verbesselt, Senior Vice President, Group Marketing, NAGRA. “To grow and thrive, service providers must become ‘smartly digital’ – by embracing cloudification, actively claiming the aggregation role and leveraging data-driven principles to define and evolve their consumer propositions, they can embark on a journey of continuous solution renewal to optimize the next phase of growth in a vastly different competitive landscape.”
NAGRA’s IBC 2018 showcase will feature NAGRA, OpenTV, Conax, NexGuard, and DVnor product lines all under the NAGRA brand. Key demonstration areas include:
• Content Value Protection: from Origin to Consumption featuring cloud.SSP, the new NAGRA cloud-based Security Service Platform, a true multi-tenant solution that elastically scales and flexibly delivers the latest technologies “as-a-service” to pay-TV operators. New NAGRA featured capabilities also include: comprehensive Android TV security; cloud-based Direct-to-TV security with cloud.TVkey, supported by TVkey 2.0; off-the-shelf and flexible Conax CAS and multi-DRM technologies; and the latest developments in anti-piracy services and watermarking to defeat piracy through active security, including a brand-new client-side watermarking solution for OTT, enabling immediate detection and takedown of illicit restreaming of linear or pay-per-view live sports content.
• Internet TV Evolution highlighting a new customer implementation and the latest features of NAGRA’s OTT user experience platform, OpenTV Signature Edition. The platform actively drives multi-generation audience engagement, active content monetization and continuous service evolution. A new Sports Micro Portal enables the delivery of all sports content in one immersive, operator-controlled environment. OpenTV Signature Edition also integrates an Android TV operator-tier solution, enabling easy on-boarding of apps and SVOD services in a unique and operator-branded user experience on a wide range of devices. Addressing specific multiscreen TV needs, demonstrations will also include the Conax GO Live OTT platform, a turnkey end-to-end OTT solution for streaming live TV to Android and iOS devices with a guaranteed deployment time of less than 30 days.
• Smart Business Operations showcasing cloud-based and “as-a-service” technologies and business models to simplify, personalize and improve pay-TV business operations, including: NAGRA Insight, an AI-driven, pay-TV data platform that enables service providers to improve their bottom line, take control of the data they own and create personalized actions that drive business growth; DVnor Organizer, a cloud-based media asset management and its component, the DVnor Collaborative Player, that simplify VOD content workflows and significantly reduce post-production delivery times to address the challenges service providers face with costs, complexity and video quality; both are integrated with NexGuard watermarking to prevent pre-release content leaks.
NAGRA IBC Events and Happenings:
• The Pay-TV Innovation Forum’s 2018 global findings provide the backdrop to NAGRA’s IBC showcase. A flagship report will be released ahead of the show. In its third year, the Forum addresses the key opportunities and challenges facing pay-TV service providers and content owners, exploring the winning strategies, technologies, products and services that could help them unlock new growth opportunities and drive innovation in the ‘post-OTT’ era.
• “Television Heroes @ IBC”: NAGRA will host an exclusive thought-leadership and debate session featuring European industry leaders, followed by a networking event, on Friday, September 14 at 6 p.m. It will explore the digital transformation drivers that underpin “Hero Brands”, from new content partnerships to back office technologies to the adoption of client platforms such as Android TV.
• Awards: NAGRA is a finalist in two categories of the 2018 CSI Awards: “Best Content Protection Technology” with the NAGRA Security Services Platform, and “Best TV User Experience – Product Innovation” with OpenTV Signature Edition. Winners will be announced on Friday, September 14 at 4 p.m.