MESA Member Webinar Week Ahead: July 19-23
Wasabi’s top executives discuss how to head off ransomware in your storage solutions. Bluescape examines the challenges of virtual leadership in a post-pandemic world. And the Hollywood IT Society and Pepperdine’s Graziadio Business School present the inaugural Entertainment Evolution Symposium event.
Those are just a few of the online events from the MESA community the week of July 19-23, according to MESA’s global member e-calendar.
Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
• The Hollywood IT Society (HITS) and Pepperdine’s Graziadio Business School are teaming up to present the inaugural, all-virtual Entertainment Evolution Symposium on July 21, bringing together leading media and entertainment innovators and thought leaders, to chart the industry’s post-pandemic path forward.
Running from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT, the online symposium’s central theme revolves around unlocking value with data analytics, with the rise of direct-to-consumer (DTC) and its lasting impact post-COVID-19, new ad targeting trends, customer data management, the rise of non-functional tokens (NFT), and the return of live events, all set to be discussed. Along with feature keynote speakers, attendees will be treated to both panel discussions and intimate breakout sessions.
To register for the Entertainment Evolution Symposium, click here.
• Wasabi CEO and co-founder David Friend, CTO and co-founder Jeff Flowers, and CMO Michael Welts will share ideas on how to prevent ransomware when using cloud storage in the discussion “Learn from the Experts: Eliminate Ransomware with a Modern Storage Strategy.”
• “Three Challenges of Virtual Leadership and Post Pandemic Work” sees Léon Benjamin, professional services director for Bluescape, offer post-pandemic insights into the nuances of leading a virtual team, offer change management tips, and discuss practices to thrive in the modern business world.
• Experts from both Adobe and Microsoft gather to go over their collaboration in the webinar “Get More Done in Microsoft Teams with Adobe.”
• Zendesk hosts a pair of webinars. First up is “A CX Moment with Mediaocean,” with Sarah Reed, senior director of content and event marketing for Zendesk, and Stephanie Dorman, chief people officer for Mediaocean, discussing how best to deal with constantly shifting consumer demands.
Then, in “Get Ahead of the Curve,” Zendesk shares the results of research that surveyed 3,900 customers and 3,900 customer experience and customer service business leaders, managers, and agents, and examined agility data for more than 90,000 companies across 175 countries on Zendesk.